What happened to the PDF button?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

What happened to the PDF button?

Post by Stewart T. »

The PDF button that used to appear at the top of each article was extremely buggy and mostly just produced one line of jibberish instead of a nice pretty PDF of the article.

I've done some research and the general consensus among the developers who work with this code is that it is basically useless. I've searched for fixes, and alternative solutions, but have found neither yet.

As a result, I've removed the PDF button at the top of the article pages.

As soon as we tidy up the last few "to-dos" for the new website, I'll revisit other solutions to revive the PDF functionality, but for now, the best solution that I've found is to download a PDF creator locally that will allow you to "Print" the Web page with the article as a PDF. This software installs on Windows systems, and will appear as if it were another printer on your computer. When you print to it, though, it will generate a PDF file instead of actually sending anything to your printer.

The link below is for Windows, and I've been told that the latest version of the MAC OS already includes "Print to PDF" functionality.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Wish I had better news for you PDF fans, but hopefully I can revisit this issue soon and find a better solutions.

Cheers!
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]