Save button

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Save button

Post by Glenn E. »

Can this button be moved or even removed? I can't count the number of times I have hit Save instead of Submit, at which point I get confused about what is going on and invariably choose the wrong option and lose my post. At least if you hit Preview by accident you can just hit Submit from the next screen and all is fine, but I never seem to choose the correct answer after hitting Save by accident.

I just lost a TN of a Presidential 30-yr old... :(
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Save button

Post by Andy Velebil »

Glenn,

think your the first to complain about it and can't say I've ever had an issue with it, but I understand your complaint. I'll bring it up with Roy and Stewart and let you know what is decided.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Yeah - I've hit it once or twice.

"Save" allows you to save a draft of a post, which is a great thing if you are working on a long post.

I agree it could be located better, but at least it makes you confirm if you want to save it...at which point you can say "no" and return to your post.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Ah, okay, so I'm supposed to say "No" at that point?

That's what's confusing about it to me... "No" sounds like you're going to lose your post because you don't want it saved.

In fact, if those two options were just explained in a bit better detail (possibly with a mouse-over?) then it wouldn't bother me. Something like:

No - return to Post A Reply so that you can preview or submit your post
Yes - uh... do whatever saving does...
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Not only have I never hit it ... I honestly have never even paid attention to the fact that it even existed until right now. :oops:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart,

When you say that it saves a copy of the post do you mean that it files it away somewhere for future retrieval or do you mean it saves it just in case your current session drops out? If the former, then presumably Glenn's TN wasn't lost, it's just that he doesn't know where to find the saved version :wink:

Derek
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

I re-wrote the TN, so even if it DID save it I no longer need it. (NV Presidential 30-yr old)
Glenn Elliott
Lars F

Post by Lars F »

I agree with Glenn. I've hit save a few times as well, and don't generally think it is well positioned (or needed)

-Lars
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

I agree. I really think that we should just hide the Save button.... or put it far away from the others.
-Dave-
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks to David, this is no longer an issue. :winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com