New suggestions for AQFTPT?

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

New suggestions for AQFTPT?

Post by Roy Hersh »

It has been several months since I have used one of your suggestions for AQFTPT feature and would like to see if there are any new ideas for the FTLOP newsletter segment: A QUESTION FOR THE PORT TRADE?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Re: New suggestions for AQFTPT?

Post by Moses Botbol »

How about:
1. "What port style either currently offered or not would you like to see marketed or marketed more?"

2. "What is Crusted Port?" I say this as I have heard different answers from different producers and would love to see in writing what their response is.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks Moses, for a moment there, I thought I was having this discussion with myself. :lol:

[dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif]

It is starting to feel better. [kez_11.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

If you were appointed IVDP President tomorrow, what would you do to resolve the issues of the Beneficio?
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Going ... going ...
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

I'd acutally would love to hear how generations taste wine differently.

some of the wine makers have many generations making the same brands, would be interesting to see the perspectives the older and younger generation see in making a great port.
Disclosure: Distributor for Quevedo Wines in NY
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I vote for taking a different approach to AQFTPT this go around. We all know the trade lives and breathes Port and they answer all kinds of questions about it. So instead of asking about Port, lets find out a little more about the people that own and work at the producers. I think it would be great for us to learn more about these people that bring us our favorite beverage. So...

How about asking them what they enjoy doing outside of the world of Port? Are they hunters, runners, hikers, etc. And following that same line, how about asking about what was one of their favorite moments doing something outside the world of Port?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Andy Velebil wrote:I vote for taking a different approach to AQFTPT this go around. We all know the trade lives and breathes Port and they answer all kinds of questions about it. So instead of asking about Port, lets find out a little more about the people that own and work at the producers. I think it would be great for us to learn more about these people that bring us our favorite beverage. So...

How about asking them what they enjoy doing outside of the world of Port? Are they hunters, runners, hikers, etc. And following that same line, how about asking about what was one of their favorite moments doing something outside the world of Port?

booo, I ask them those same questions when we share a bottle of port.

I ask them boring questions like how they make the port when I'm reading a forum!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Jeff G. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:I vote for taking a different approach to AQFTPT this go around. We all know the trade lives and breathes Port and they answer all kinds of questions about it. So instead of asking about Port, lets find out a little more about the people that own and work at the producers. I think it would be great for us to learn more about these people that bring us our favorite beverage. So...

booo, I ask them those same questions when we share a bottle of port.

I ask them boring questions like how they make the port when I'm reading a forum!
But remember, very few people actually get the opportunity to speak to them in person and get to see the "other side" of a producer.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

i'd be one of those people who very rarely get the opportunity to speak with the producers in person but it's definitely one of my goals once I get on in the years to take this hobby even further.

Am simply pointing out that such personal questions are great for "shooting the sh!t" but it does take a life time to learn about port and as a novice still, I'd rather see actual port related questions when given the opportunity to do so.

Just my opinion though.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

From one of the questions raised here, a slight variation on the theme was used for AQFTPT and will appear in the newsletter that will go out early next week. Some really fun content in this coming issue.

Thanks to all that replied here! [notworthy.gif]