Vinho Verde, Sarah's Passion

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Vinho Verde, Sarah's Passion

Post by Roy Hersh »

Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Brian C.

Re: Vinho Verde, Sarah's Passion

Post by Brian C. »

I did get to try a monovarietal VV that was Avesso awhile back. I remember it having a profile that reminded me of gin. It was very interesting. I don't remember the producer, unfortunately. Like Sarah suggested, I do need another crack at it to better grasp what I was tasting.
Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

One tends to overlook Vinho Verde but recently I've been quaffing some 2010 Caiu a Noite Vinho Verde. It is refreshingly good, has a slightly floral nose and enough fleshy fruit to make it rich, and at 9.5% it makes a great aperitif wine to start the evening.

Cheers................Mahmoud.

PS: I've no idea about the varieties that go into this wine.
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Aveleda Fonte VV is an iconic wine in my area. A magnum bottle in the summer, outside is as Portuguese as it gets in MA. Stuffed Quohogs, Grilled Linguica, Favish, and Shrimp Mozambique... Talk about backyard summer get together... VV must be included.

Aveleda is the go to brand for a long time here. Broadbent's VV is fantastic and quite a deal IMO.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I very much enjoy good VV, mostly in the warmer months where well chilled it really hits the spot.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com