TN: 2009 Quinta do Infantado Reserva Douro red

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Rune EG

TN: 2009 Quinta do Infantado Reserva Douro red

Post by Rune EG »

This was my first Infantado Douro red, and I must admit I was a bit sceptical, as I have not been impressed by the few ports I have tasted from this producer. However, it was a pleasant surprise. We had it for a meat dinner (deer) and it paired well. Produced abt 6,000 bottles. Have one more bottle, and look forward to that one. Luis Soares Duarte is the winemaker. Met him five years ago, and interesting to follow his development.

3 hrs decanting. Dark red colour. Pleasant aroma of oak / red berries / asphalt, and also minerals / terroir and actually some tobacco. Full body. Smooth at the start, quite powerful, a lot of fruit, some oak, nice tannins. Long aftertaste. A Douro red to be accompanied by food, not sipping on its own. 92 pts.
Last edited by Rune EG on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: TN: 2009 Quinta do Infantado Reserva Douro red

Post by Andy Velebil »

i too have not had great Port experiences from this producer so it's good to hear this wine is very nice. I'll keep my eye out for it when I'm at the wine shop. Thanks for the note.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com