Campolargo's Wines

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mahmoud Ali

Campolargo's Wines

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

I noticed that Campolargo makes a quite a number of wines both red and white, mostly from Bairrada but also other regions like Dao and Alentejo, etc. A local store here has quite a few of them on their shelves but I also noticed that they had a wine that is not even featured in the Campolargo website -the Alvarelhao. I recall tasting perhaps three of Campolargo's wines a few years ago at an in-store tasting. The entry level wine was a bit simple and not really a good QPR and the other two wines were good but really backward. I picked up the Alvarelhao but have yet to open it.

Does anyone here have any insights or opinions about Campolargo's wines, and what to make of their extensive range?

Cheers........................Mahmoud.
Moses Botbol

Re: Campolargo's Wines

Post by Moses Botbol »

Never seen them in before.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Moses Botbol wrote:Never seen them in before.
Same here, sorry.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Daniel R.

Post by Daniel R. »

Campolargo is a bit of a maverick and is probably the boldest producer in Bairrada in terms of marketing, atitude, etc. In Portugal I think his cheaper wines have a better price / quality. I quite like Rol de Coisas Antigas, Vinha do Putto, and Diga? (the white).
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

I had the whole range of Campolargo wines at the ViniPortugal tasting a few years ago. I agree with you, the basic wines were... basic. But I quite liked the mid and upper range wines. Very nice! Unfortunately, Like many Portuguese wines, Campolargo isn't distributed out here in California. :(