TN: 2010 Quinta do Crasto Old Vine Reserva Douro

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

TN: 2010 Quinta do Crasto Old Vine Reserva Douro

Post by Andy Velebil »

Decanted 2 hours, then consumed over 2 hours thereafter. Like previous bottles of this there is a large amount of tar and black, but not overripe, fruit which dominates the nose and palate. Graphite, moderate tannins, and enough acidity to keep it fresh. Unlike some previous versions which showed a good amount of oak, what oak was here blew off very quickly and is now almost non-noticeable. No lack of body here, but again, unlike previous versions of this wine this one comes off with a more traditional Douro profile...which I really like. Considering this wasn't the best of vintages, generally speaking, this wine shows very well. Drinks well now, with a few hours decant, and should age well for the next 8-12 years.
92 Points
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Brian C.

Re: TN: 2010 Quinta do Crasto Old Vine Reserva Douro

Post by Brian C. »

Thanks for this note, Andy. I have four of these bottles from that liquor store scoop I mentioned awhile back, by the way. Next time I will make sure the decant is done right. I probably didn't decant long enough last time.