Lancer's Vin Rose Dinner Wine

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

A dschus

Lancer's Vin Rose Dinner Wine

Post by A dschus »

An individual posted a few cases for sale on Facebook of Lancer's Vin Rose and Vinho Branco. A picture of the rose is below. Anyone seen these before? Some questions before I purchase.

Any idea on price? The seller says they are from 76 and 77. Bottles that are maybe 10 years old today go for $5.99-10.99.
Types of grapes used? I see Fonseca produces it. They still do. I would only buy it if there's some port type grapes in it (tinta cao, touriga nacional, etc)
Would this age well?

Thanks for your help!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56E7458E
- Alex
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: Lancer's Vin Rose Dinner Wine

Post by Glenn E. »

A dschus wrote:An individual posted a few cases for sale on Facebook of Lancer's Vin Rose and Vinho Branco. A picture of the rose is below. Anyone seen these before? Some questions before I purchase.

Any idea on price? The seller says they are from 76 and 77. Bottles that are maybe 10 years old today go for $5.99-10.99.
Types of grapes used? I see Fonseca produces it. They still do. I would only buy it if there's some port type grapes in it (tinta cao, touriga nacional, etc)
Would this age well?

Thanks for your help!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56E7458E
J. M. da Fonseca is not Fonseca, though Jose Maria da Fonseca is also highly respected. I don't believe they make Port, though... just table wines.

Their website (English version) is here.

Their info on Lancer's Rose is here.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

How much are they asking?

If cheap enough may be worth the gamble. However, a Rose that old I wouldn't hold my breath they are going to be a mind blowing experience. Odds are they are shot...but one never knows.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote:How much are they asking?

If cheap enough may be worth the gamble. However, a Rose that old I wouldn't hold my breath they are going to be a mind blowing experience. Odds are they are shot...but one never knows.
I'd buy them if they were cheap. Worth it just to say you tried it. How many will ever try a Lancer's rose that old; even if it's pour down the drain wine?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

(Topic moved to Portuguese Table Wine from Virtual Tasting Room)
Glenn Elliott
Ronald Wortel

Post by Ronald Wortel »

Why would you even be curious? This is a bog standard rosé wine of the same standard as Mateus. [shrug.gif]
But enough about me, what do YOU think of me? -- Johnny Bravo
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Ronald Wortel wrote:Why would you even be curious? This is a bog standard rosé wine of the same standard as Mateus. [shrug.gif]
Living on the edge :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com