Happy Thanksgiving FTLOP'ers!

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving FTLOP'ers!

Post by Roy Hersh »

May all of your turkeys be juicy and not-overcooked. May the wines and Ports that you choose to pair and share--- all show beautifully. But most of all, enjoy the time you get to spend with your loved ones!

From all of us at FTLOP!

Andy, Glenn, Mario, Fernando, David, Stewart and Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Ifune

Re: Happy Thanksgiving FTLOP'ers!

Post by Eric Ifune »

And to you guys as well! :D
Allan Engelsted Laurents

Post by Allan Engelsted Laurents »

As I recognize that many traditions in one Country has roots in an other part of the World, my story goes like this:
30 years ago a dated a Canadian Girl, and she got so very angry because I didnt get her anything for Valentines day [dash1.gif]

The short story is, In Denmark back in the Darker ages.....we did not celebrate Valentines Day at all. In fact, I didnt know what it was...

Same story with the the turkeys! Our stoves are Way to small, we eat duck and goose around Christmas time, But no special celebrating this comming weekend....
So I guess not special Ports either....

But You guys across the Big Pond, have a happy festive and injoying time.
All the Best from DK
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Any time you open a good Port is special, and you can do that any time.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Happy Thanksgiving.

I spend it with family and friends, 17 of us. It is my 9th year of hosting Thanksgiving and this year we had stuffed goose, mash, gravy, cranberry sauce, bread, salads. For dessert banana cream pie and brownies with frosting and the 20YO Ferreira I just bought a case of.

Hope you all had a great day with your loved ones and had a great glass of wine in the company of others.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I spent the past week in Colorado at my brother's family home. It was a great break and I spent very little time on line. I did come visit here and FB 2 or 3 times during the week, but answered no email and tried to disconnect from electronic devices that I am typically wired to. This was a very good thing.

We had a good snow storm while I was there and it remained quite cold and the snow did not melt while we were there. My brother has two daughters, one a year older than mine and one is a year younger. So nice to see them get along so well as they get older. My mother also flew out to join us, so we had a full house and only went out once a day, so this was all about being with family and getting a real chance to relax.

Every night we had some wine with meals and Port, Madeira and/or Vin de Constance which we all love too. Nice grouping and as all of us like Pinot Noir, one night it was red Burg, another it was Oregon Pinot and another it was CA Pinot. Loads of fun.

Last night we joined the throngs at the airport to make our way home. We ran into a 90 minute delay then nearly another hour for wing de-icing, and finally home nearly 3 hours later than expected. All in all, a great getaway and fun with family.

Glad to hear the stories of others too!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com