TN: 2013 Niepoort Redoma Branco Douro White

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Rune EG

TN: 2013 Niepoort Redoma Branco Douro White

Post by Rune EG »

No decanting. Served fridge cold. Light golden colour. Fruity aroma with a “green” touch. Medium body. Medium dry in the taste, fruity, again some “green” flavours, some minerals. Well balanced. Reserva is significantly better. 87 pts.
Last edited by Rune EG on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2013 Niepoort Redoma Branco Douro White

Post by Andy Velebil »

Ouch, I assume this wasn't a good year for this wine?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Was it served fridge cold because it needed to be? Or because that's just how it happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

Rune EG

Post by Rune EG »

Normally I do not keep the white wines too long in the fridge as it has happened that they can be negatively affected by several months in the fridge. But I always have a couple in the fridge in case sudden decision for having a white wine. For longer storage it stays in the wine cellar. In this case it was placed in the fridge a few days ahead. I have seen now that I have not posted tasting notes for Redoma Reserva white, and will do that shortly. Having had the regular Branco and the Reserva white in several vintages, I would say that there is (in my opinion) 3 - 5 points in differance between the two.

As for the question about 2013 being a bad year for this wine or not, I do not have enough experience with the 2013 to answer properly.