report of a local tasting

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Bert VD

report of a local tasting

Post by Bert VD »

yesterday, while looking online where to get Quinta do Crasto wines in Belgium i found out that the importer had is annual tasting of Portuguese wines in the evening. so i went there.
with over 70 different wines available to taste and buy it was quite an event! there were people from Crasto, Andresen, Filoco, Tiago Cabacos, Bacalhoa... to tell us about their wines as well. [cheers.gif]

it's very hard to write notes about these wines as it was my first real encounter with Portuguese table wines, but on this list you can see i tasted everything with a red dot next to it :-)
Attachments
DC2429.jpg
DC2429.jpg (733.83 KiB) Viewed 515 times
DC2428.jpg
DC2428.jpg (836.51 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: report of a local tasting

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bert
Which ones did you like the most of the wines you had?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

the .com red and BLOG by Tiago Cabacos were very nice wines. even better were Crasto Old Vines (a bit simple on the first taste but it keeps evolving as you keep drinking) and Tinto Roriz, the Esporao 4 castas and Jose Maria da Fonseca J Tinto. i guess i would like the Crasto Roquette a lot more when it's aged. it was a 2014 i think.

my favourite was Esporao Garrafeira.

i wasn't too crazy about the Touriga Nacional wines (number 5 Follies, 26 Filoco and 10 tapada do barro. the last ones is a blend with Tinta Roriz)

i was also a bit sad Andresen didn't have any LBV or Vintage there because those are the styles i like. The colheita 95 was not bad but i personally wouldn't buy it. Same goes for a Crasto Colheita (nineties but i don't remember which year. it's not on the list) that everyone seemed to love.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bert VD wrote:the .com red and BLOG by Tiago Cabacos were very nice wines. even better were Crasto Old Vines (a bit simple on the first taste but it keeps evolving as you keep drinking) and Tinto Roriz, the Esporao 4 castas and Jose Maria da Fonseca J Tinto. i guess i would like the Crasto Roquette a lot more when it's aged. it was a 2014 i think.

my favourite was Esporao Garrafeira.

i wasn't too crazy about the Touriga Nacional wines (number 5 Follies, 26 Filoco and 10 tapada do barro. the last ones is a blend with Tinta Roriz)

i was also a bit sad Andresen didn't have any LBV or Vintage there because those are the styles i like. The colheita 95 was not bad but i personally wouldn't buy it. Same goes for a Crasto Colheita (nineties but i don't remember which year. it's not on the list) that everyone seemed to love.
:salute:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com