TN: 2007 Quinta do Crasto Vinha da Ponte Douro red

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Rune EG

TN: 2007 Quinta do Crasto Vinha da Ponte Douro red

Post by Rune EG »

Purchased a case of 6 btls at the Norwegian Wine Monopoly august 2009. Stayed untouched in our wine cellar the following seven years. First and only taste of this wine was during visit to Crasto at the 2014 FTLOP Harvest Tour where I gave it 96 pts. Opened first bottle for our 37th wedding day yesterday and we looked forward to enjoy a full bottle.

Decanted 6 hrs. Dark red colour. Heavy and complex aroma of berries, oak, minerals and a touch of both smoked meat and leather. The aroma had a bit different mix than the “traditional” Douro-aroma and was so nicely integrated. Full body. Elegant/smooth and powerful, no disturbances but still there were tannins in a fantastic nice way, minerals in a subdued way. Loooong aftertaste. There is a very pleasant solid keynote throughout tasting this wine. Impressive Douro red that is deserving every point. Will not surprise me if this wine is getting even higher scores for next bottles during years to come. 96 pts.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: TN: 2007 Quinta do Crasto Vinha da Ponte Douro red

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thanks for the note on this I own some as well but haven't had one in some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com