Great private UK vertical: NACIONAL (& NOVAL) INCL. 1931

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Great private UK vertical: NACIONAL (& NOVAL) INCL. 1931

Post by Roy Hersh »

WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opPORTunity to try some incredible Quinta do Noval Nacionals and also Novals, set in pairs. I am very jealous of this particular event, although I have enjoyed similar ones in the past. IF I was in the vicinity, I surely would NOT miss this tasting as the chance of seeing the Nacional from 1931 in and of itself, is worth the price of admission.

I have requested that the gentleman who is hosting this event, make a few spots available to FTLOP members. He will hold them through the beginning of next week, but you better hurry. PLEASE DO MENTION: FOR THE LOVE OF PORT and in this case it will really help you gain access if you catch 'em before they sell out.

This is just another way, we try to add value and this is the type of bonus our "FTLOP PARNTERSHIP PROGRAM" will offer to members after Feb. 1st!
On 15th March 2007 The Fine Wine Experience is hosting a vertical tasting of Quinta do Noval Nacional. The tasting will take place at the I.O.D. building in Pall Mall, London, in the evening. Christian Seely is hosting / moderating the tasting. We will taste both the vintage and the Nacional in pairs – 2003, 2000, 1997, 1994, 1963 and 1931. With the exception of the 1931 pair, the wines will come direct from Quinta do Noval for this tasting. The ‘regular’ 1931 was sold at auction and came to auction directly from an Oxford University college cellar. It is Fearon Block Bridge & Routh-bottled. The 1931 Nacional was sold by Christie’s in March last year and I was personally assured of the provenance. It is Justerini & Brooks-bottled.
Tickets are £695 each.
Christian Seely will be presiding over this exclusive event and it will be fantastic! So if you want to be included, you need to decide quickly and then contact:

The Fine Wine Experience

No.105, 8 Shepherd Market

http://www.finewineexperience.com/

Contact my friend Linden Wilke at: linden@finewineexperience.com

Ph. +44 20 7692 0602

Fax +44 20 7692 0603

Again, you may not get a seat without mentioning FOR THE LOVE OF PORT!
Last edited by Roy Hersh on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David Gutglass
Location: San Diego, California, United States of America - USA

Nacional/Noval vertical

Post by David Gutglass »

Wow, am I jealous. Please let us know if anything like this comes to the USA.
All wine would be port if it could
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

David,

Actually if you look at the article archives on the site, I have written about my participations in Nacional verticals in both 2004 and 2005. Only one of those had the elusive 1931 Nacional, one of the 10 greatest wines ever made (according to the WS's list).

Anyone here who lives in the UK or in any EU country that wants to experience the NN'31 at least once in their lifetime ... I would suggest they do not hesitate, as this tasting is guaranteed to sell out.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Johannes Stadler

Post by Johannes Stadler »

Sounds very very nice - but unfortunately the tasting fee is not student budget conform ;)

Maybe in ten years :)
Greetings, Johannes Stadler
Julian D. A. Wiseman

NN31 tasting: I am booked

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

I am booked, and am looking forward to meeting you, as well to the port.
Last edited by Julian D. A. Wiseman on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Anybody else sign up yet? I don't think there are more than a couple of spots left available at this point. Grab 'em while you can!

Roy
Jay Powers
Location: Pacifica, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Jay Powers »

Roy

The price is not insane, but more importantly, transportation/lodging and time are just a bit much for me. If, as you suggest, one of these comes up in the future in the US, particularly West Coast, and even more especially with the '31, let us know and I'll be in.

Jay
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Jay,

I've seen exactly ONE bottle of this in my entire Port life. Don't know that I will ever again. :(

Wish I had the money to do this too, as for a true Port geek ... there is no greater badge of honor than to sip the holy grail. :D
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Ambition

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

It has been my ambition to taste this for almost 20 years. I now live in New York — but will be there nonetheless.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Julian = Jdaw1
Alex Bridgeman
Axel Probst

The three of you FTLOPers, should hook up and have a little mini-FTLOP offline!
Mark Laughton

Post by Mark Laughton »

Wine Experience still have a couple of places available for this tasting next Thursday, if anyone is interested. I've just got a new job so phoned on the off chance, as I thought this would be a great way to treat to myself. Can't wait and I look forward to meeting the other FTLOPers going.

Mark
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

I'll see you there. I'll be wearing my trusty red-check lumberjack shirt (the one with the port stains down the front) so you should be able to recognise me out of all the other people in suits!

And congrats on the new job. Great way to celebrate getting it!

Alex