1995 Warre‘s Quinta da Cavadinha Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

1995 Warre‘s Quinta da Cavadinha Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

1995 Quinta Da Cavadinha VP.

Decanted about 4 hrs. Which is probably too short. Color is still quite dark compared to many others from the vintage. Semi sweet figs and bramble berries on the nose. The palate is quite dry and full of youthful stone fruit and leather that dominates the mid and back palate. Licorice pops out as this slides toward the back end. Unlike many others from the vintage this still has a lot of youthful dusty tannins and good acidity. While more on the elegant end of the VP spectrum, this is one of the better from 1995. I am quite certain a longer decant and more cellar time will improve this already tasty SQVP. 92+/100.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Olivier V

Re: 1995 Warre‘s Quinta da Cavadinha Vintage Port

Post by Olivier V »

I've managed to locate a bottle of it online, thanks for the heads-up about the decantation time. How long do you think the wine should be left to decantate for? 6 hours, 8, overnight?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Olivier V wrote:I've managed to locate a bottle of it online, thanks for the heads-up about the decantation time. How long do you think the wine should be left to decantate for? 6 hours, 8, overnight?
I’d say 8-10 would be better
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Olivier V

Post by Olivier V »

Okay, thanks! So, if I were to open it a bit before noon, it should be ready to drink by dinner if I have guests, that's good to know.