TN: 2005 Niepoort Douro Redoma Branco

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

TN: 2005 Niepoort Douro Redoma Branco

Post by Stewart T. »

• 2005 Niepoort Douro Redoma Branco - Portugal, Douro
    Beautiful straw in color. Peach and wet slate on the nose. Good acidity and balance. Well-integrated tropical notes on the palate. Great complexity and texture on the palate - reminds me of an old Meursault. Great longevity - still going strong after all these years. (94 pts.)
This tasting note is one of several related tasting notes. Click [here] to see the original note in context.

Stewart T. (Admin) admin@fortheloveofport.com
Randy Katz

Re: TN: 2005 Niepoort Douro Redoma Branco

Post by Randy Katz »

Such a great wine! Have not had an oxidized bottle yet, of the 20 I bought. I think i have 5 left.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Randy Katz wrote:Such a great wine! Have not had an oxidized bottle yet, of the 20 I bought. I think i have 5 left.
It’s interesting that the Reserva Branco has oxidation but this less expensive one doesn’t seem to have the issue.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Randy Katz

Post by Randy Katz »

My bad. I have the Reserva. Forgot about the regular. None oxidized yet, but cellared on release. Found a mint 4-pack a year ago that must have been stored in a fridge on release as the first seemed to have no age.