2003 Warre's LBV port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Rune EG

2003 Warre's LBV port

Post by Rune EG »

Purchased this bottle last year at a wine shop in Porto (on the Ribeira-side).
Decanted 4.5 hrs, which was OK. Deep, deep dark red colour. Wonderful aroma of berries, wood and minerals in a nice harmony. Full body. Taste is powerful and also pleasant. Nice structure. Hints of cocoa/chocolate (and some sharp acidity) towards the end. Medium to long aftertaste. 92 pts.
Eric Ifune

Re: 2003 Warre's LBV port

Post by Eric Ifune »

I assume this is unfiltered. I still have several I got on release. Guess I need to open one.
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

Eric Ifune wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:51 am I assume this is unfiltered. I still have several I got on release. Guess I need to open one.
I just checked one of mine. It is unfiltered (bottled in 2007). The strange thing is the labeling on Warre's LBV's is much nicer than the label on their VP.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Rune EG

Post by Rune EG »

Yes, they are unfiltered.
Plenty with sediments at decanting.
Lucas S

Post by Lucas S »

Decanted the 2008 Warre's LBV today for 7 hours, it is delightful.

After opening a decent, somewhat jammy Maynard's 2012 Colheita, last week, the LBV blew it out of the water with its explosion of flavor. (I know, apples to oranges, but the contrast was stark.) It was pure joy, & my family was impressed by it.

Very red fruit taste as opposed to black fruit, raspberryish pomegranate. Very smooth but certainly remaining tannins. Tastes quite fresh for a 14 year old wine, with plenty acidity.

All the Warre's LBVs seem to have received high praise.
All is fair in love and Warre's