3 more declarations of 2022, these from AXA

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

3 more declarations of 2022, these from AXA

Post by Roy Hersh »

Quinta do Noval has declared three outstanding Vintage Ports from 2022 vintage: Quinta do Noval Nacional Vintage Port 2022; Quinta do Noval Vintage Port 2022; and Quinta do Passadouro Vintage Port 2022.

This is at the 4th Nacional vintage in a row, which doesn't happen that often in history. Even '62-'64 was only 3 in a row. But the longest string I am aware of, was between 1996-2001 a string of six consecutive vintages and I believe the longest in Noval's history for their special Nacional bottling.

I am still undecided if after 2020 and 2021, if I want to evaluate the 2022 vintage. Time will tell, and a lot will have to do with who else declares. I've been watching all of the major players and keeping track of the declarations. I am also keeping an eye on the smaller producers who have not been as quick to come out of the gate so far. Maybe they were waiting to see what the larger shippers were going to do with 2022.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com