1963 Warre & Taylor ...1970 Taylor sold in UK

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

1963 Warre & Taylor ...1970 Taylor sold in UK

Post by Roy Hersh »

George Rhys
Southwick Court Fine Wines
2 Spice Court, Ivory Square
Plantation Wharf
London, SW11 3UE
Tel : +44 (0)20 7801 2432
Fax: +44 (0)20 7228 6677
Web: http://www.es-finewines.com

November 2005.

We are pleased to be able to offer:Recently removed from a private cellar.

10 cases Taylor 1970 Vintage Port £795:00 case 12 bottles.

This house must certainly be the Latour of Portugal. Their ports are remarkably backward yet still impressive when young. Of all the vintage ports, those of Taylor need the longest time to mature and even when fully mature seem to have an inner strength and firmness that keep them going for decades. Their tawnys are also among the very best, though somewhat expensive. The 1970 fabulous, a broodingly dense-colored, backward port that has all the signs of future greatness. 96/100 Robert Parker

Clearly lives up to Taylor's superb reputation. Deep ruby, with intense violet and chocolate aromas, full-bodied, with gorgeous fruit flavors, full but well-integrated tannins and an extremely long finish. Amazing balance and finesse.(JS)98/100 James Suckling

Regards

George Rhys/Piers Methuen.

November 2005.

We are pleased to be able to offer recently purchased from a UK cellar.

15 cases Warre Vintage Port 1963 £995:00 case 12 bottles

Wine: Vintage Port 1963
Extremely impressive, with beautifully balanced, harmonious sweet fruit on the palate. Medium ruby-red, ripe cherry and cassis aromas, medium-bodied, with rich, velvety fruit flavors, full, soft tannins and a powerful finish. (JS) 92/100 JS

20 cases Taylor Vintage Port 1963 £1380:00 case 12 bottles
Wine: Vintage Port 1963
A big wine with superb balance, a shining example of this exuberantly fruity vintage. Deep ruby, with violets and coffee on the nose, full-bodied, with dried cherry flavors and plenty of tannin, balanced and long on the finish. (JS) 97/100 JS

Offered subject to remaining unsold and to final confirmation. E&OE

George Rhys/Piers Methuen
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eddie

Can this be shipped to the US?

Post by Eddie »

Roy, I'm a little confused here - is this you offering this? Or you in conjunction with someone else?
Thanks,
Ed
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Ed,

Neither. If I was involved at all, there would be a disclaimer as always.

This was just an email I received by one of the dozens of US/UK based retailers offering Port.

I just copied it onto the site in case anyone is interested. The retailer is sound. That is all I can vouch for. Otherwise, I have NO financial or any other interest in this offering or with the retailer (or ANY for that matter). I hope this clarifies things for you Ed.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com