Warre's 1995 LBV Availability

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

David C.
Location: Marlboro, New Jersey, United States of America - USA

Warre's 1995 LBV Availability

Post by David C. »

I remember seeing a couple of posts that really praised this Port. Just wanted to let everyone know that my local retailer (who is clueless about Port) got in 6 cases so I think it has been re-released to the marketplace.
I think the price was a little high ($23.99) but I really wanted to try it.

Happy Holidays!
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

David,

Worth a try. A very entertaining and robust drink. The price isn't outrageous, I'd guess around £10 over this side. That sort of equates. I suspect if you try a bottle, you'll then buy a couple more.

Alan
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

a tasty LBV, and that price is actually about what I see it for out my way. LIke Alan said, give it a go and I'm sure you'll buy more too.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David C.

Post by David C. »

Same store also had a 1999 Churchill's LBV. Don't see that very often. Thought it was a good buy at $18.99. Also had a 1999 Quinta do Noval LBV for $20.99.
One I wasn't too sure about but picked up a bottle to try was the 1997 Osborne VP at $19.99. Osborne being a minor producer but the price was right.
I am looking forward to the Warre's based on so many positive posts.
Tonight though, I am opening my Dow's 1983 VP and will post the TN's when done.
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

David,

In that case, put the Warres LBV back in the cupboard/cellar for a few weeks. Its an above average Port in its catergory, but it wont hold a candle to the Dows 83. Different animals.
I suspect your VP wont be a Blockbuster, but it will have the body, the mouthfeel, the silkiness of a true Vintage Port.
I've got the Dows 85 lined up for a Christmas treat. They say that vintage is slightly better than 83, but the great thing is, 'they' are often wrong. That the fun of Tastings and comparison, and even when you do, two similar people can come to radically different opinions.

Enjoy.

Alan
David C.

Post by David C. »

Alan:
I will post my notes on the '83 Dow when I have finished the last glass. It is certainly a nice glass of Port but not in the heavy weight class. Might have had more stuffing if opened a few years sooner.
Expect your '85 Dow to be a better example.
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

David,

I have loved every single bottle of this Warre's '95 LBV I have had, save for the one that ended up being corked. :cry: I have rated it between 91 and 93 pts for an LBV - truly excellent value.

If you want to feel better about the price, I cannot get it for less than $32C/US here... And I picked up a half case, which, sadly, is now empty. Time for another one methinks! :D

You can find my TN here if you require more convincing! :)
Enjoy!

Todd