25,000 POSTS ... A LANDMARK REACHED TODAY!

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

25,000 POSTS ... A LANDMARK REACHED TODAY!

Post by Roy Hersh »

I'd like to thank all of you for your posts here on FOR THE LOVE OF PORT. Not only am I proud that we've reached this milestone today, but 25,000 Port (Madeira & Douro wine) posts is something to celebrate.

We continue to grow at a rapid pace and add new members and posters quicker than we ever could have imagined. I will have to open up something very special today to add to the largest grouping of user-based Port tasting notes, anywhere on the web.

I never take YOU for granted and truly appreciate your insight, questions, sharing of information and sources of great buys. After nearly two and a half years, FOR THE LOVE OF PORT has grown to be the most widely visited Port-centric website with the most informative gathering of serious Port lovers on the web. The FTLOP Port Forum is truly the place to be and with a fun loving and serious Collective Port Wisdom, we will continue to learn together. :type:
Last edited by Roy Hersh on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Congratulations, Roy - an average of 1,000 posts per month is a great achievement :clap:

Derek
David C.
Location: Marlboro, New Jersey, United States of America - USA

Post by David C. »

Congratulations are definitely in order. The site has been a great source of education and enjoyment for me.
João Rico

Post by João Rico »

Congratulations Roy. Nice achievement indeed. :clap: :thumbsup:
Best Regards, João Rico
http://www.pumadas.blogspot.com
Bob bman

Post by Bob bman »

Congrats Roy! :D Though my contribution has been minor, I take much pride in being a member of this forum.
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Fécilitation Roy !!
Time and effort well spent ( and decanted . . . :D )
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Derek,

Thanks brother, your nearly 2,000 posts here have been a big part of the FTLOP success and are much appreciated!

The 1,000 posts/month avg. is not the great achievement; continually finding NEW Port topics to discuss for 2.5 years ... now that IS the hard part. :type: :wink:

David, João, Bob & Luc,

Your sediments are kind and I sincerely thank you all for your ongoing contributions! :thumbsup:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Have been away doing WORK (lord help me!) for the past few days and missed this momentous occasion. Congrats Roy - your passion has been on display to the world for some time now and you must feel a great sense of pride. I admire you for the fact that you are truly living the dream that nearly every person has: to be doing what you truly love... driven and motivated by passion rather than money.

It definitely shows in the level of participation, the detail of your responses to questions here and your passion in the discussions.

Congratulations. As others have mentioned, I am proud to be a member, even of my own contributions are backed up with less experience than others. I keep reminding myself that everyone has to start somewhere, and thanks to you and FTLOP, this has become much easier!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

OUTSTANDING job everyone!

On top of all those posts, we now have over 740 Port tasting notes. I'm pretty confident this is the largest single data base for Port TN's. Keep up the great job folks and have a wonderful holiday season. :salute: :thanks:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
DavidG
Location: Sacramento, California, United States of America - USA

dave

Post by DavidG »

Thanks Roy and all those at FTLOP ....happy holidays and happy drinking!