Welcome to new member Eric Auriault

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Welcome to new member Eric Auriault

Post by Roy Hersh »

Earlier this spring, I did a write up of Eric's new Port venture and I favorably reviewed the 2005 Conceito in the FTLOP newsletter. I am glad to see he has joined us here and hopefully he will be willing to share some of his brilliant insights into our favorite beverage.

Welcome aboard, Eric!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
auriault

Re: Welcome to new member Eric Auriault

Post by auriault »

Thank for the welcome!
I would like to correct that is not "My" port. It is Rita Ferreira's indeed, and I am only trying to help her find a way to Port enthusiasts.
I found really interesting to read the forum reactions on the packaging, and I am grateful to Roy for questionning the community about it.
So far we only got feed back from London Wine Fair last week and a tasting in NY, but we did found that a minority of people were very keen on it, while many disliked it (the packaging, not the wine :wink: )
We prefer this reaction than what most "consensual" labels get: no rejection but only lukewarm interest from a majority ... But enough about the packaging: the wine is more interesting I believe, and I hope sometime in the future I can read here about more members tasting experience (this one is for Frederick as I am going to Montreal next week...)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Yes, of course it is Rita's. We've emailed numerous times but it slipped my mind for the moment. Thanks for the heads up Eric. Also, have a great time in Montreal but watch out for that Frederick character. Before you know it, he will have plied you with enough Port to sink a ship! :lol:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bryan Robinson
Location: San Diego, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Bryan Robinson »

Welcome Eric. I was wondering if Conceito had a website?
auriault

Post by auriault »

To Roy: thanks for the warning. Anyway it is raining now in Montreal, and I am not driving so there is no point in staying sober.
To Bryan: as a matter of fact we just launched the english version at http://www.conceito.com.pt