Microsoft Targets Port Drinkers!

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

Microsoft Targets Port Drinkers!

Post by Stewart T. »

Someone directed me to bing.com (which Microsoft is a major player in) today to look at their photo of the day.

It will likely be gone in the morning, so here is a screen shot. Who knew they were targeting us Port drinkers...? :snooty:

Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: Microsoft Targets Port Drinkers!

Post by Glenn E. »

LOL... it's even a reasonably recent photo given the giant ad for a car on the large building at the top along the skyline. That ad wasn't there in June 2007 when I was in Porto, but was there in Sept 2008.
Glenn Elliott
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Same here. We had a discussion about this exact photo at work today ( I work for Yahoo!). Did you happen to make a reservation or search for fares to Opoto on Expedia? Just a thought that came to our minds.
-Dave-
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

David Spriggs wrote:Same here. We had a discussion about this exact photo at work today ( I work for Yahoo!). Did you happen to make a reservation or search for fares to Opoto on Expedia? Just a thought that came to our minds.
I didn't. The only way Bing could have known that I have any interest in Porto would have been if it somehow tracks my visits to FTLOP and TFP.

Plus I've only ever used Bing once before, and I haven't created an account.
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Today there is a picture of the Great Barrier Reef. Moving my mouse over the image I see little factoids, including, "On this day in 1770, Captain James Cook became the first European to see the Great Barrier Reef." Perhaps there was some historical significance to Porto yesterday?