US vs. Brazil in soccer (football)

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

US vs. Brazil in soccer (football)

Post by Roy Hersh »

Although the official score was 3-2, the US team really lost 4-2. What a great tournament and after the So. Africa game, I was amazed at the outcome. Who ever expected that in the Federations Cup that the US team would go all the way to the finals, no less taking the 2-0 lead at the half. Crazy and fun to watch. How that Brazil goal was disallowed was beyond my comprehension. Anyone else watch?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Re: US vs. Brazil in soccer (football)

Post by Moses Botbol »

I was on edge the first half when we were winning. Brazil is so spectacular when it comes to offense; such a command of the field. The US has amazing athletic ability and can run the field like a fast break in basketball. I was expecting 2-0 Brazil. Tough game for me as Brazil is my favorite team, but I wanted to show love for USA. My girlfriend being Brazilian does not help for cheering USA either...
Last edited by Moses Botbol on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

I am just happy that the US showed up for this game after getting utterly trounced by Brazil 3-0 earlier in the tourney. I think they gained a little respect back in the finals, despite losing.

And all the drama with the US miraculously making into the finals is really good for soccer in the US - we are a "little" behind the rest of the world in terms of soccer's popularity, but we've got all those over-paid baseball, basketball and (American) football players to deal with.
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Athletes just follow the money. Sure, salaries are high here for basketball, baseball, and football; but they don't seem so ridiculous when you look at soccer salaries in Europe. I'm guessing they don't have a salary cap for the Champions League.