Member list management

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Peter W. Meek

Member list management

Post by Peter W. Meek »

I often check the members list (not easy to get to) to see if people that I have recommended have actually joined or registered. I occasionally click on a random member to see what kind of activity is being generated.

I would like to suggest a new group (Administrators, Global Moderators, Registered Users) named "Inactive Registered", or "Registered Inactive". I find a high percentage of Registered Users have never visited since a few minutes or hours after joining.

Since your system has this information, perhaps Users who have not visited for some length of time (6 months? a year?) could be transferred to Registered Inactive. Or, perhaps active users could be added to (and subtracted from) a new group called "Active Users. That, combined with an easy way to get to the member list and filter for which groups you want to see on the list (a dropdown with check boxes for instance) would make an interesting tool. Of course, recent posters are not everything; they also serve who merely lurk. <grin>

We could look for active members located near us in such a shorter list, with the idea of joining for off-line tastings and for mutual support in finding local sources for port.
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)