TN: 2007 Herdade do Esporão Reserva Branco Alentejo

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

TN: 2007 Herdade do Esporão Reserva Branco Alentejo

Post by Andy Velebil »

I really need to open my fridge more often just to see what's inside. After surviving WWIII at work today I got home about 20 minutes ago and found this 1/2 full bottle in the fridge. It was a bottle left over from the BBQ with Oscar Quevedo at my house on last Wednesday. I figured this would be totally dead by now as we were not very impressed with it when first tried during the BBQ, but out of curiosity I poured a glass and boy was I wrong. Full bodied with plenty of pinnapple, white peach, minerality, and a moderate amount of spice from the youthful oak, but not too much oak. This has put on a lot of body weight since it was opened four days ago, heck this doesn't even seem like the same wine, I actually like it far better now (it was popped-and-poured when first tried). Based on this bottle I'd say this has some nice potential for another 3-5 years of aging, on the conservative side. Since neither of us had ever had it, Oscar had chosen this bottle when we stopped by a wine store after I picked him up from the airport, and a fine choice he made. I just wish he could try it now.
91 points
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com