2007 [Veedha] means life... Douro (Sogevinus)

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Brian C.

2007 [Veedha] means life... Douro (Sogevinus)

Post by Brian C. »

I found this on the $10 rack at a local wine shop the other day. It features Tourigas Franca and Nacional, along with Tinta Roriz. 13% ABV. Upon first opening, it was very tart, similar to the Niepoort Twisted that I recently mentioned on here. I let the bottle sit out for a couple of hours and came back to find that a mineral taste was prominent. The next glass I poured, not quite as much mineral was there. The Twisted was cranberries, but this one was a bit more towards grapes. Some would say "jammy," but that has to be one of the most overused descriptors ever. The acid keeps that from really taking over, though. One of the better $10 bottles from the Douro that I've tried. Tomorrow night might be different, and I'll add more if it is.
Brian C.

Re: 2007 [Veedha] means life... Douro (Sogevinus)

Post by Brian C. »

On the second night, cherries seemed to come through. Still a pronounced mineral taste and feel, also. I'd definitely pay $10 for this one again.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2007 [Veedha] means life... Douro (Sogevinus)

Post by Andy Velebil »

I've generally enjoyed this wine the few times I've had it. At the price point it makes a no-brainer QPR for daily drinking.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com