Where do I click to get to my PM mailbox?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Tom D.

Where do I click to get to my PM mailbox?

Post by Tom D. »

[shrug.gif]
Tom D.
Peter W. Meek

Re: Where do I click to get to my PM mailbox?

Post by Peter W. Meek »

Click on the words where it says "1 new messages" (or however many new messages you have.) If it says "0 new messages" you can click on that to send PMs as well as by clicking on the PM button under someone's avatar.

When in doubt, hover your pointer over different things; if it changes to a pointing finger, try clicking there.
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Thanks Pete. I guess I need to come to the Forums page first, then click as you describe.

:thanks:
Tom D.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Tom D. wrote:Thanks Pete. I guess I need to come to the Forums page first, then click as you describe.

:thanks:
The (x new messages) link should appear at the top of any screen you are on whilst browsing the forum. It is in the light blue panel directly under the darker blue forum banner at the top of the screen.
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Derek T. wrote: The (x new messages) link should appear at the top of any screen you are on whilst browsing the forum. It is in the light blue panel directly under the darker blue forum banner at the top of the screen.
Yep, I see that. I was just wondering if there is such a link in any other parts of the website (say, the Home page), or if you must come to the Forum first. Not that it matters, I just figured I must be missing something...
Tom D.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Tom D. wrote:
Derek T. wrote: The (x new messages) link should appear at the top of any screen you are on whilst browsing the forum. It is in the light blue panel directly under the darker blue forum banner at the top of the screen.
Yep, I see that. I was just wondering if there is such a link in any other parts of the website (say, the Home page), or if you must come to the Forum first. Not that it matters, I just figured I must be missing something...
From a software point of view, FTLOP and the FTLOP Forum are two separate things that have been very skillfully and lovingly linked together by my good friend Stuart Todd. I am quite sure if you buy him enough port he could make a link to your PM Inbox available on the FTLOP home page :wink: [cheers.gif]
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Derek T. wrote: From a software point of view, FTLOP and the FTLOP Forum are two separate things that have been very skillfully and lovingly linked together by my good friend Stuart Todd. I am quite sure if you buy him enough port he could make a link to your PM Inbox available on the FTLOP home page
Not necessary (although I'll share my Port with just about anyone!). Just trying to learn my way around the site a bit better...
[cheers.gif]
Last edited by Tom D. on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom D.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Peter and Derek,
Thanks for helping him out :thanks:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Andy Velebil wrote:Peter and Derek,
Happy to help out while the Boss is away on his luxury relaxing holiday at the fair :wink: :salute:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Derek T. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:Peter and Derek,
Happy to help out while the Boss is away on his luxury relaxing holiday at the fair :wink: :salute:
And I haven't been online much the past couple days due to some extenuating circumstances, so it's much appreciated.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com