If it taint your cork, it must be your ...

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

If it taint your cork, it must be your ...

Post by Roy Hersh »

Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Peter W. Meek

Re: If it taint your cork, it must be your ...

Post by Peter W. Meek »

In-terrr-esting! I'll have to ask Eva (the family 'nose') whether she has ever noticed cork-taint in any unusual locations.
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Todd Pettinger

Re: If it taint your cork, it must be your ...

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I don't often have the time to read too many of the articles posted as external links, particularly in the Other Discussions threads... But I'm really glad i read this one. It makes perfect sense...

I just smelled that wet cardboard smell yesterday when i happened to wander through the laundry room when Mrs. Pettinger was doing laundry... Sure enough, stuck my head in the front-loader and boom! I flashed back to the worst episode of TCA I personally experienced a few years back ago with the bottle of Peter Lehmann "The King" Vintage Aussie.... I am sure i have had other episodes of corked wine since, but less severe. That particular bottle I was forced to pour down the drain after less than one glass :shock: (never before and never since have I experienced it so bad to force that type of wastage.)

Of course, first instinct was to reach for the Chlorine bleach to counter the smell... But maybe that is the Culprit rather than the Solution?!!?