Grahams 1952 Colheita

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Michael Ferrier

Grahams 1952 Colheita

Post by Michael Ferrier »

Carl D

Re: Grahams 1952 Colheita

Post by Carl D »

Quite! Want! [beg.gif]
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Hmm... the price doesn't even seem that outrageous for a commemorative bottling from an excellent year for Colheitas. I'm going to have to look into this!
Glenn Elliott
Carl D

Post by Carl D »

Glenn E. wrote:Hmm... the price doesn't even seem that outrageous for a commemorative bottling from an excellent year for Colheitas. I'm going to have to look into this!
I checked the BBR web site - nothing there that I could find. Do post an update here if you learn more!
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

I understand that it will be released at the beginning of May.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Glenn E. wrote:Hmm... the price doesn't even seem that outrageous for a commemorative bottling from an excellent year for Colheitas.
I picked up a 1952 in the FTLOP offering. That was a little more in line with my budget :-)
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Carl D wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:Hmm... the price doesn't even seem that outrageous for a commemorative bottling from an excellent year for Colheitas. I'm going to have to look into this!
I checked the BBR web site - nothing there that I could find. Do post an update here if you learn more!
They replied to my Facebook post:
GRAHAM'S Port Wine wrote:Hi Glenn Elliott Initially this will only be available in England, exclusively through Berry Bros. & Rudd and here in Portugal. Either you or your friends do a bit of travelling, or check with BBR, according to their website they are able to ship most wines to the United States.
Glenn Elliott
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Eric Menchen wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:Hmm... the price doesn't even seem that outrageous for a commemorative bottling from an excellent year for Colheitas.
I picked up a 1952 in the FTLOP offering. That was a little more in line with my budget :-)
Agreed, but this is a special commemorative bottling and those are always more expensive. I'll want to see what the packaging and bottle look like before I buy.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Carl D wrote:Quite! Want! [beg.gif]
+1
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com