Instructions for uploading photos to FTLOP's Forum

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Instructions for uploading photos to FTLOP's Forum

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks to Glenn Elliott who made this so easy, in a step-by-step description, that after 7 years of this Forum ... I've just uploaded (easily at that) a bunch of photos that Adrian Bridge sent to add to a thread he had posted in.

Go to the thread that you are interested in uploading a photo to and click on "post reply" then ...

Scroll down a bit so that you can see the bottom of the posting window… there should be two tabs. The one that's showing is "Options" and it lists check boxes for things like "disable BBCode" and "disable smilies". The one next to it is labeled "Upload Attachment"… click on that.

You'll now see a field for "Filename" and another one for "File comment". Next to the "Filename" field is a browse button… click that, navigate to where you stored the resized picture you just created, and select the picture. That will fill in the field for you. Now click the "Add file" button that's next to the "Browse" button.

The picture has now been uploaded to the forum, but it's not being displayed in your post yet. In order to do that, scroll back down to the bottom and you'll see there's a new section called "Posted Attachments" and in that section is a File Comment field with your filename below it and two buttons below that. Click on the "place inline" button and it will add code to your post to display the picture in the post. Specifically, "
test.jpg
" where in my case my picture name is test.jpg. You can now continue writing your post either above or below the attachment as you normally would. The picture will appear in the post at the point where the attachment code is.

The best way to try this is probably to just do it, see what happens, then play with it a bit to figure out how you want to write text around the picture. You can also use the "File Comment" field when you're attaching the picture, which will put a title under the picture in the post. I generally don't bother because I'm going to describe the picture anyway.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com