2012 FTLOP Anniversary Party

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

Re: 2012 FTLOP Anniversary Party

Post by Stewart T. »

I'm in! Wouldn't miss it!
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Andy, sorry you won't be able to join us this time. There will be others!

Stewart, glad you can take part and join us. If you can help by focusing on the 1992's still available, that would be truly appreciated.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Carl D

Post by Carl D »

Roy Hersh wrote: 12. 1992 Kopke - (Carl D.)
We're still bringing the Smith Woodhouse 1992, but we also picked up a Kopke - I say we open whichever Roy likes the look of better.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I say we open both. However, if someone needs to adopt a bottle, they purchase the Kopke from you. I will count the Smith Woodhouse as your last bottle and therefore the Kopke would be one that someone else can adopt. The more, the merrier in a horizontal.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

I am very sad to say that now I will be unable to attend the weekend celebration due to work travel. Can't wait to read the tasting notes - looks like it will be a great weekend.

All the best -
Stewart
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

What a difference 10 days make.
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

Carl. I have e-mailed Roy about adopting your '92 Kopke to supplement my contribution to the weekends festivities. If you could take care of the prep. formalities. I will settle up with you on Satruday.
Paul
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

An email was sent to all participants last night. IF you did NOT get it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Roy
Phyllis D

Post by Phyllis D »

I feel like I'm in a nightmare hoping to wakeup … We have to cancel our trip for this event.

All the negative words in all languages known or unknown that has ever been or ever will be, can not express how we feel about having to miss this event. Carl and I were to leave this afternoon to drive up to the event, enjoy everyone’s company and expand/educate our taste bud’s appreciation for Vintage Port by 20x.

The issues that have forced us to cancel are not medical, but business. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A word of advice :twocents: … Be careful who you allow to invest in your company. :diablo:
- Life is too short to drink bad Port
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Phyllis and Carl,

You will both be missed. I received and responded to Carl's email too. I am sorry that you won't be able to make it for the celebration, but very relieved to hear that it is not a matter of health related issues.

In time, nearly all business issues can be worked out and hopefully everything can be resolved.

Wishing you both the best!

Roy
Carl D

Post by Carl D »

Wait! Stop the presses! We're coming after all.

Paul W - we'll be bringing the Kopke '92 with us - if you're still interested in adopting, it's still available.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Carl D wrote:Wait! Stop the presses! We're coming after all.

Paul W - we'll be bringing the Kopke '92 with us - if you're still interested in adopting, it's still available.
Woo-hoo! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Impressive!

Great news. :scholar:
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

So how's the Anniversary Bash going? I'm sitting watching the last of the events of the first day of the Olympics and suddenly thought of you guys with your impressive line-up of ports.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

We get started in an hour - I'm just about to leave for the hotel now. It does look like a fun evening is ahead!
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

And with the passing of the weekend, another year begins for FTLOP. Yesterday was the official date on which this site and its Forum began in 2005. So many friends have met through their time spent here ... several hundred for sure, in a bunch of different countries ... and hopefully that's just the beginning.

The 1992 horizontal was fascinating and there were some stellar bottlings and some that were less inspirational.

Yesterday's 17 bottles of Churchill's had a few fine moments, but I was less impressed than I had expected, after having had killer visits to their lodge.

There will be a Guest Corner Article from the perspective of Blair Curtis, in an upcoming newsletter.

Thanks again to every one who posts here and to those that were able to join in the partying this weekend. [cheers.gif]

Now ... on to year number eight! :scholar:
Carl D

Post by Carl D »

Roy Hersh wrote:The 1992 horizontal was fascinating and there were some stellar bottlings and some that were less inspirational.
Wine #6 and #9 Wow! ...and wine #7! The surprise of the night. You'll have to read the article to find out which is which!

It was a great time, Roy! Thanks so much for the opPORTunity.