2013 - FTLOP Anniversary Party

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Phyllis D

2013 - FTLOP Anniversary Party

Post by Phyllis D »

Hey Roy,

What is the theme and dates for this year’s party is going to be? Have you posted it and I just missed it or are you still thinking it over?
Yeah I know it’s a bit early to ask about this, but we are still working on growing our ports section in our ever expanding offsite storage. [d_training.gif] Whatever you decide, we will most likely have to order the bottles and have them shipped before it starts getting warm again.

Phyllis
P.S.
You can blame Glen and his post in the 1983 Vintage Port - 30 Year Retrospective for this barage of questions. :salute:
Glenn E. wrote: ACPT "Baga-esque" tasting March 9th, 1983 30-year retrospective April 20th, FTLOP Anniversary end of July. :winepour: And yes, the "gap" in May and June is deliberate!
I'm always training for something! [d_training.gif]
Must start training, must start training, must start training ... [kez_11.gif]

P.P. S
Half expecting a What? [shok.gif] Are You Kidding Me response.
- Life is too short to drink bad Port
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: 2013 - FTLOP Anniversary Party

Post by Glenn E. »

LOL... well Phyllis, I'm usually the one who organizes that and I haven't started yet. It's typically the last Saturday in July, though, so that would be the 27th this year. It's usually a very simple "bring a bottle of Port to share" type of tasting with some small amount of effort put into making sure that all of the bottles are appropriate with each other, but last year Roy did select a theme instead.

There probably won't be a thread posted for the tasting until near the end of March. That will let me get to the ACPT tasting in NYC and recover first. :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

What? [shok.gif] Are you kidding me?

All I can say is that if Glenn is planning it on the 27th of July this year, I will be missing it from up in Alaska. :beat:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

See? That's why there's no thread yet! I haven't talked to Roy about dates!

Or figs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Glenn Elliott