Current Subscriber's Buying Op

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Current Subscriber's Buying Op

Post by Roy Hersh »

How I wish I could make these opportunities available globally. Unfortunately, only on very rare occasions can I arrange anything beyond the borders of the USA and for that I am truly sorry.

For those who are able to "buy in" how would you rate this offering overall, using 1-10 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest, in terms of:

a. ease of ordering

b. diversity of products offered

c. value for money

d. overall as a buying op

Your feedback, critical or otherwise will help me improve my planning / negotiating these for you in the future. :winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Re: Current Subscriber's Buying Op

Post by Marco D. »

Great offer. I would rate it a 10 on all accounts. My only concern was when to send the email. The offer opened on Sunday, so I sent it at 12:03 am on Sunday, East coast time. I just noticed that they are in the West coast, so I am a little confused about whether I am ok or not.

When should we be hearing back?

Again... great offer on a great variety of wines and very good prices. My subscription to FTLOP is justified.
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Miguel Simoes

Post by Miguel Simoes »

Marco D. wrote:Great offer. I would rate it a 10 on all accounts. My only concern was when to send the email. The offer opened on Sunday, so I sent it at 12:03 am on Sunday, East coast time. I just noticed that they are in the West coast, so I am a little confused about whether I am ok or not.

When should we be hearing back?

Again... great offer on a great variety of wines and very good prices. My subscription to FTLOP is justified.
Pretty much in sync w Marco. I initially set alarms for midnight Eastern, then 3am Eastern to match midnight Pacific.

Realized I was taking my excitement too far, canceled the alarms and only hit send around 830am Eastern...

Havent heard back from them yet, hope I got the bottles I wanted.

The opportunity is a great one. Been drinking more tawny than VP of late and it is good to have such great options at such great prices to choose from!
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

I had planned to email first thing on Sunday but forgot, so my order didn't go in until Monday afternoon. I have not yet received a call or email confirmation, either.

Ease of ordering is great, though a prompt response of some sort would have been nice.

Variety is also great, but then I'm a tawny-centric guy so I like that there's a lot of tawny available. I could see how people who are more VP-centric might think the variety isn't as good since there are only 3 available.

Value is very good. Great savings to be had in this op. I probably went a bit overboard with my order because I just couldn't pass up some of the opportunities. :)

So yeah, overall a very nice buying op!
Glenn Elliott
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

I ordered midday Sunday, have not received confirmation yet, but now feel better about that hearing from all of you.

Love the mix of styles, something for everyone.

Love the value, low or lowest prices on everything, according to wine-searcher, and from a trusted source to boot.

Love to access to hard to find items.

Love the flexible shipping options for us in warmer weather states.

All told, great op!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

The last time we had a deal from this source, five days passed between my order e-mail and reply, so I wouldn't be worried yet.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I can assure you that you will hear back shortly. Please be a little bit patient. [cheers.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
vilanova
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by vilanova »

Hi Guys,

My name is Stefano Marello and I'm part of the team at Wineworth. Thank you all for your orders. I can assure you that they were all received. You will be getting a confirmation email soon from my colleague Harvey.

Cheers

Stefano
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Thanks to Stefano.
I had more problems than any of you. [foilhat.gif]
I placed my order while in the Marshall Islands which is on the other side of the international date line. It was Monday at 9:00 AM when I placed my order! :Naughty:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I don't think they will be running out of wine, so no issue there. That being said, there is about 72 hours left to get your orders in! :NotWorthy:
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

I received my confirmation email yesterday. :D
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Glenn E. wrote:I received my confirmation email yesterday. :D
As did I. To Roy's original questions:
a. Very easy to order so far. I sent them an e-mail. We haven't arranged the payment part yet, but I don't expect any problems. They also are going to wait until September to ship, which is nice. I'll give them a 8. To get a 10, I would have been able to order over the internet, clicking buttons for what I wanted; and I would have received an immediate confirmation of availability.
b. With just a few VPs, this was a very colheita-centric offering. Also, the last time we had an offer from this importer, there were some white wines offered which I found nice as daily drinkers. From a purely objective standpoint, I'd probably score this a 6. But I really just wanted to get some colheitas, so subjectively I'm quite happy.
c. I just let wine-searcher subscription expire, so I can't judge this too well. The 2011 VP was only slightly less than the best price on free wine-searcher. I think the other VPs were a better deal. The colheitas varied, but there were some great deals in there. I'll go with 7.
d. 8.5. How can this be higher than any of the above? Well, I don't expect everything out of every buying op, and while limited in scope, this really fit the bill for stocking up my half-bottle rack.
Russ K

Post by Russ K »

I am happily getting a lot of my birth year at a great price! 6 full and 6 splits of 1974. So glad to have it.
Last time went well and I expect no changes this time around.
Marco D.

Post by Marco D. »

No email yet. Should I have by now?
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Marco,
Email sent.

To all others ... 28 hours left to buy in if you'd like to do so!

Roy
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Just got back from picking up my order over lunch. Spent my lunch hour chatting with Harvey, Peter, and Stefano about all kinds of Port-related topics. Definitely some of the nicest guys in the industry!

Smart car is heavier. Wallet is lighter. Seems balanced to me. :lol:

[help.gif]
Glenn Elliott
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Glenn E. wrote:Just got back from picking up my order over lunch. Spent my lunch hour chatting with Harvey, Peter, and Stefano about all kinds of Port-related topics. Definitely some of the nicest guys in the industry!

Smart car is heavier. Wallet is lighter. Seems balanced to me. :lol:

[help.gif]
Clearly you didn't buy enough if there was enough room in your smart car :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Marco D.

Post by Marco D. »

Glenn E. wrote:Smart car is heavier. Wallet is lighter. Seems balanced to me. :lol:

[help.gif]
A car full of port... that is a smart car...
:P