Here's the Buying Op you've been waiting for!

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Bryan H.

Re: Here's the Buying Op you've been waiting for!

Post by Bryan H. »

I grabbed a bit over 3 cases, colheitas and wine.

The better half prefers tawnies and colheitas, and I've regretted not buying more colheitas from some of the previous buying ops. They are harder to find, so I jumped on this one.

Mine came Thursday as well.

Fall would be good for me. Time to reload, and also I've got a busy summer so I'll be checking in here a bit less.
Al B.

Re: Here's the Buying Op you've been waiting for!

Post by Al B. »

Roy Hersh wrote:I guess wood-aged Ports are now mainstream here amongst the :ftlop: Port cognoscenti.
But not with all of us! :winepour:
Roy Hersh wrote:Now to figure out how to get a global offering before the end of the year. I do have one amazing idea. But I don't want to offer it until people have time to reload their wallets. Suggestions as to a time frame? Remember this is just for the next offering, now when the bottles will ship. So your input is important. :thanks:
The UK supermarkets have recently been doing their best to mop up any spare cash I might have had. Today I walked into yet another supermarket who has been running an offer of "buy any 6 bottles and get 25% off" - with this 25% discount being on top of any other discounts they were offering. I cleared the shelf of Vargellas 1998 that was discounted down to £11.25 per bottle, bought lots of Symington Family Estates 1994 BoB (which I think is Quarles Harris) at £16, a 6 pack of Noval 2001 LBV at £11 per bottle and bought enough 2000 and 2004 vintage Champagne to keep my wife happy for at least the next 2 weeks! A global offer in the Fall would be about the right timing for me too
:winebath: