Always a great visit in Madeira

This forum is for discussing all things Madeira - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Always a great visit in Madeira

Post by Roy Hersh »

Artur Barros e Sousa Lda located at Rua dos Ferreiros 109, in Funchal is a don't miss kind of place when visiting the island. www.vinhosmadeira.com
Edmundo and Artur are generous with their time and wine and have some specialties to sell at very reasonable prices!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Steve Pollack

Re: Always a great visit in Madeira

Post by Steve Pollack »

I agree completely. This was definitely one of the highlights of the latest Fortification Tour. And I have 3 bottles of their Madeira to prove it! :D
Niklas J

Post by Niklas J »

Can only agree! On the occasions we visited earlier this year they were always so friendly and taking time to assist. If I could, I would buy a lot more ABSL bottles but the boys don't export! Well, they do send if you contact them but still....

All the best,

Niklas
Niklas Jorgensen

Remember this in 25 years or so; 2012 is a great year for Madeira wine!
V. Pekka

Post by V. Pekka »

I agree too! In last wisit Edmundo helped me to get two bottles of ABSL Bastardo in reasonable price (they don't have it anymore). [cheers.gif]

Best regards
Veli-Pekka
Heather Hathwell
Location: Glendale, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Heather Hathwell »

So interesting...... is it from the grandfather? I wonder if they have more. Must be quite a task to trace for them.

Congratulations. I love these guys and I am particularly fond of the extremely old (yet undocumented) wines but they are hard to come by these past 3 years or so.

Heather
Mark Daugherty

Post by Mark Daugherty »

V. Pekka wrote:I agree too! In last wisit Edmundo helped me to get two bottles of ABSL Bastardo in reasonable price (they don't have it anymore). [cheers.gif]

Best regards
Veli-Pekka
You are very lucky, when I visited in '08 Artur said they were all out of the Bastardo. [rotfl.gif]
Being Madeiran, it warms my heart to still see Edmundo and Artur carrying on the Canteiro tradition. They are a treasure to the island and madeira.