New TN Section

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

jon bricken
Location: ridgefield, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

New TN Section

Post by jon bricken »

Recently I have been searching the site for specific reviews of various ports and have found it a little difficult to get specific TN's on specific wines without spending alot of time.

I was wondering if you would consider adding another forum ofjust TN's formatted like you TN's section of the forum.

Notes could still appear in the various sections, but also be posted in the "new"section.

Thanks

Better organized TN's

Post by Guest »

Roy and I just had a disucssion of this on Wednesday, and we are working on a solution that will make finding TN's easy for you.

We will roll this into the larger website improvements that are now scheduled to soon. Stayed tuned for more info!

Stewart
jon bricken
Location: ridgefield, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by jon bricken »

That is great.

One of the great features about this sight is the collective information which everyone has.

To be able to quickly get to a tasting note or multiple ones of a specific port would be of a great service.

I find myself using Cellar Tracker in that way and after several months you get an understanding of who's TN's you agree with.

It helps when you are trying to allocate funds for specific wine purchases.

Keep up the great work on the site.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thank John.

We will be merging a searchable data base of tasting notes (over 500 of mine) with CellarTracker.

The other TN project is to have a distinct area that is also searchable, that is dedicated to Port, Madeira and eventually Douro tasting notes too.

Lots of big things coming up shortly. First we are going to get the newsletter out and then finalize many other items within the next four weeks.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com