VIRTUAL TASTING FORUM?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

VIRTUAL TASTING FORUM?

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am very pleased that Fred and so many of you have taken the initiative to do the Virtual Port Tastings. Is this something that is going to be a regular "event" either quarterly or monthly in the future?

I ask, because if it is going to be a regular feature for you folks, it is the kind of dynamic that would be worthy of its own Forum. I will only add a VIRTUAL TASTING FORUM if I know that this is something Fred and others here want and think is a good idea.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Yes please
John Conwell
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by John Conwell »

Even though I havent posted my virtual tasting notes yet, I would like to see a seperate forum for the virtual tastings
Thanks, John C
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

It will take more than 2 of you to convince me.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Although I love the virtual tastings that Fred started, I think the new and upcoming forum for members tastings notes will serve the same purpose. That is why it was decided to always title the "Subject" as "Virtual Tasting" first, folllowed by what port we are drinking that month. That way it is easy to search for them later, using the search feature.

I would rather save the space for something else in the future.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

I think that a forum topic only for that is a good idea. Why? For one big reason, many don't use the search option on the forum. Since the virtual tasting will occurs at least once a month I hope - to stimulate good habits of tasting ports :) - you'll be able to see all the topics on virtual tasting that occured during the last year.

The topics will not be lost within a week, people will be able to jump in and taste past tasting. For me it is the best place to find many opinions on frequently drinking port and it has to be convenient and acessible for everyone looking for good advice.

With the option of uploading pictures, everyone will be able to put the different labels that are in their market, this will also be interesting!

Thanks Roy for your support!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

My answer is going to depend on the way the new tasting notes section looks. If the new section is going to be "forum" in style, allowing people to post a note and then allowing others to post their comments or their own views, then my vote would be to combine the virtual tastings in with the other tasting notes. That way we keep all tasting notes in the same place.

On the other hand, if the Virtual Tastings were going to have to continue to be posted in the Port Forum, I would vote for a separate forum for the Virtual Tastings.

Alex
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Is that it?

Are you folks done voting or speaking up at this point?
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Guess that's it!