TN: 2008 Dona Matilde Reserva Douro red

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Rune EG

TN: 2008 Dona Matilde Reserva Douro red

Post by Rune EG »

Bottle brought home after the FTLOP Harvest Tour 2010. Was served during the fabulous lunch at the DOC restaurant. At that time I gave it 88 pts as I was not too keen on the aroma. Now I know why, as I am sure it was a pop-and-pour situation at that time. The exposure to air in the decanter did it very well.

Decanted 1.5 hrs. Medium to dark red colour. Not appealing aroma at opening, but after being in the decanter, it was a pleasant aroma of mainly berries and touch of oak and flowers. Full body. Nice combination of being powerful and smooth. Tannins are there, but in a lesser way. Long finish. Would like to buy again partly for keeping in the cellar. 91 pts.
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: TN: 2008 Dona Matilde Reserva Douro red

Post by David Spriggs »

Excellent to hear that. I really liked this a lot at the lunch. In fact, I prefered the 2008 to the 2007. I really would like to follow the wines of Dona Mathilde in the future.
-Dave-
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

David Spriggs wrote: I really would like to follow the wines of Dona Mathilde in the future.
-Dave-
Same here, I was impressed by their line up on the trip and while I can find their 1991 Colheita near me I wish I could easily find more of their products here in the States. This is a producer to keep an eye on for sure.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

I was impressed with everything they had on hand. I wish their products were available locally to me. Someone is missing the boat not distributing these in Boston area.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars