Weird problems with FTLOP site lately

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Tom D.

Weird problems with FTLOP site lately

Post by Tom D. »

For the last few days, I've been getting some very erratic things happening when I visit the site. Sometimes I get the page I requested but with virtually no graphics or formatting. Sometimes I get a completely blank page. Sometimes it works fine. Any reports of other users having problems? I don't think it's a setting on my computer as it's been happening from 3 different computers I use. And I've had no problems with any other sites. I've tried deleting cookies and logging in fresh, but that doesn't seem to help either.
Tom D.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Weird problems with FTLOP site lately

Post by Roy Hersh »

Tom,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently experiencing some serious issues with a hacker. We're trying to mitigate the issues and have been doing our best to stabilize the situation, while working with our web host service to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience with this issue and I believe it will take possibly up to a week to fully resolve. We've been aware of it for several days and working hard behind the scenes to find the crawler. [d_training.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Peter W. Meek

Post by Peter W. Meek »

Ah. I have needed to try several times to get anything but the outer frame. Usually I have to click on the 'show new posts' in a topic on the 'show unread' page; THEN click on the 'reload page' button to get the whole page.

I thought it was because I had changed to a different browser, and was thinking of changing back.

I find this site useful when there is no response at all from a site: http://www.isup.me/
It checks the URL you type or paste in to see if they can get a response. Not quite so useful when you get a response, but not what you expected.
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Tom,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently experiencing some serious issues with a hacker. We're trying to mitigate the issues and have been doing our best to stabilize the situation, while working with our web host service to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience with this issue and I believe it will take possibly up to a week to fully resolve. We've been aware of it for several days and working hard behind the scenes to find the crawler. [d_training.gif]
Roy, when you catch that hacker, I'd like to visit him, just for a couple minutes :evil:
Tom D.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks guys. This is nasty stuff!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com