Tapatalk for ICS

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Tapatalk for ICS

Post by Glenn E. »

Does anyone know if Tapatalk works with Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich?

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon and am picking out a few apps to install. (My previous phone was Windows Mobile 6.5 so there weren't really any apps available, including Tapatalk.)
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Tapatalk for ICS

Post by Andy Velebil »

I have no idea....but you need an Iphone :scholar:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Well I downloaded it and it seems to be working well. I'm loving the network speeds that I am getting - my phone is faster than my home cable modem!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Interesting. I find that my version of Tapatalk (1.13.5 from the Amazon App Store) doesn't format lists correctly on my Droid X, and some of the smilies aren't rendered. I don't know if the latter is a Tapatalk issue or the forum.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

That's the same version I'm using. I haven't yet noticed whether or not it renders lists correctly, though, because I don't think I've seen a thread with a list in it since I installed Tapatalk. I'll keep an eye out.
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Glenn E. wrote:That's the same version I'm using. I haven't yet noticed whether or not it renders lists correctly, though, because I don't think I've seen a thread with a list in it since I installed Tapatalk. I'll keep an eye out.
See this thread: http://fortheloveofport.com/ftlopforum/ ... =5&t=13547
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Nope, mine doesn't render them correctly either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I have reached out to Stewart who works for a major Droid-based cellular tech company and service provider. If anyone knows the answer, he should. [friends.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Hi Guys -

First, you are lucky to have Ice Cream Sandwich. My android phone isn't schedule for a maintenance release yet and I don't have time to do it manually...

:(

I have confirmed that Tapatalk 1.13.5 (current release - released 12/19/2011) does support Ice Cream Sandwich. See the link here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/tapatalk- ... m-sandwich

As with any android app, we'll have to see if we can get in touch with the developer to see if we can isolate the formatting problem.

If someone has a minute, it would be great if you could post a picture of what it looks like on Ice Cream Sandwich so we can best explain the issue to the developers and see where the problem might lie.
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Stewart,

My phone was the first released with ICS - the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Tapatalk 1.13.5 does indeed work, though I have the same problem that Eric mentioned in the other thread. List items are simply not formatted at all and show up glommed together. If I can figure out how to take a screenshot I'll do so and post it in this thread.
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thank you Glenn, that would be most helpful!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

I still haven't figured out how to take a screenshot, but I can easily duplicate what the post looks like. Using Eric's test post I get output on Tapatalk that looks like this:
The board here support lists, like this:OneTwoThreeBut when I view posts that use them with Tapatalk on my Android phone, all the entries just run together. Is this a board or Tapatalk problem? Can it be fixed? (Even if a Tapatalk problem, can you tell them too?)
Basically, all of the formatting for the list is completely missing so the text just runs together.

As noted in Eric's test post, though, it appears that Tapatalk is already aware of the issue and plans to fix it in the next patch. You might still want to contact them, though, because the person who originally alerted them to the issue couldn't give them access to his forum because it was private. You could at least point them to FTLOP.com to see the issue here, I guess.
Glenn Elliott