Decreasing gasoline prices in the USA

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Decreasing gasoline prices in the USA

Post by Roy Hersh »

Is anyone out there shocked that the price of gasoline has dropped in the peak driving month of August and is now $.30 per gallon lower than 5 weeks ago? Of course this has nothing to do with the fact that there is an upcoming election.

I realize it is politically incorrect of me to make this type of assertion ... but at least I don't have to worry about anybody deleting this. :roll:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

Try filling your tank in the UK...

..and be grateful for how little you pay in the US :!:

Tom
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy,

You guys don't know how lucky you are - I filled up last week and had to pay £1.01 per litre :shock:

Perhaps Tony Blair could boost his popularity by dropping the price down to £0.20, or then again, no he couldn't :?

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Not surprised, but very glad. I have friends who work in the upstream side (pumping from ground) and in the downstream side (refinery to your local gas station). The upstream is producing plenty. The downstream side is a bunch of bone-heads. It's amazing the stories I hear about the lack of oversight and just shear lazyness of refinery people which causes a large amount of refinery problems. That translates into refineries shutting down or losing capacity and causing retail prices to go up. :soapbox:
I realize it is politically incorrect of me to make this type of assertion ... but at least I don't have to worry about anybody deleting this.
:shock: :thumbsup:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
manuva

Post by manuva »

High prices of petrol here in the UK certainly keeps my driving to a minimal!