Does Anyone Recognise the Style of TN?

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Al B.

Does Anyone Recognise the Style of TN?

Post by Al B. »

The wine displayed an exceptionally youthful, bright ruby color with a light, salmon-pink edge and clear meniscus. I can only imagine the depth of the extraction that this must have possessed 105 years ago. The color alone, amplified my excitement a few notches. At first whiff I noted some plum and coffee aromas with a touch of licorice. This could easily have passed for a Taylor VP from 1945, until it touched the palate.
The difference is that this Taylor was not about power or massive concentration. Instead, this showed great delineation of the layered flavors and was superbly stylish. It offered a nearly perfect drinking experience with a seamless full-bodied and velvety smooth mouthfeel, along with the essential acidity that provided longevity to this delightful wine. The lush raspberry and enveloping plum fruit flavors accompanied by an almond nuance provided a long ride like a surfer’s dream wave. Just a lingering hint of alcohol on the aftertaste separated this wine from Port perfection. In retrospect, only the 1912 Taylor and the 1912 Taylor Vargellas (from my pre-WWII Taylor experience) have delivered such a complete encounter at this level, along with possibly one of the three bottles of 1927s. Nevertheless, this was one of the finest ancient bottles of Port I have experienced.” Roy Hersh 7/18/05
It looks like our esteemed founder is now being quoted in auction catalogues - together with a plug for the website. Lets hope for lots of new members as a result!

Alex
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I assume they didn't mention Roy's views on buying VP at auction :P

Derek
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Does Roy surf... :wink:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com