My lack of participation

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

My lack of participation

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hello FTLOPers,

I am almost feeling guilty. I am also down to nearly 15% of total posts, my lowest point ever on this website. I am back at home now but must catch up with my family and almost as importantly ... finish the March newsletter which is very very ambitious.

There is some pretty amazing "news" in the upcoming issue, not to mention the ENTIRE write up of the Douro's events. Last but not least, there are over 100 tasting notes that will be included, so please know that is what I am up to for the next few days. I will pop in for a quick post but really need to stay focused on the tasting notes. So far the newsletter is around 40 pages and there is quite a bit left.

Back to work now. Thanks for understanding!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

About time Roy, been waiting for the next newsletter like a kid waiting for christmas :wink:

Hope you had a great time and tell Doreen and Taylor I said hi.

Now get back to work

Your readers>>>:beat: <<<you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Roy,

Don't worry about not participating actively in the forum at the moment, we seem to be keeping the momentum going. And we all know that when you have the chance then you'll be back with a vengeance.

I look forward to the next newsletter - your teasers are like the "Coming Next Week" scenes at the end of this week's episode of your favourite TV show.

Alex
Mario Ferreira

Post by Mario Ferreira »

I guess this 3rd part of the 2006 Harvest Tour has been the most desired Newsletter :D

Personally, I'm dying to read the report on the Vargellas & Vesuvio visits 8)

Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

No need to almost feel guilty , you almost were not missed :wink:

The March edition sounds tasty . . .

The peanut butter guy told stories of Port & Peanut butter symposiums past .
Alan , who was the guest speaker (unbeknowns to him)spent the entire evening going from table to table trying to convince everyone that the best meal with Port was pigeon breasts wrapped in bacon . . .
The fact that he was wearing a lamp shade didn't help . . .

Another short story from the peanut butter guy :joker:
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Although sick as a dog and pulling an all-nighter last night did not help matters, the newsletter will be finished tonight (sans TNs which are 80% complete but that doesn't work). Stewart will have this out by the weekend and it will take you about the entire weekend to read through this issue, that is for sure. If you plan to print it out, buy another stack of computer printer paper!

Unfortunately, sick or not ... I have to head up to Vancouver Canada for the Vancouver Playhouse 29th Annual International Wine Festival. It is one of the great wine events in N. America every year and a bunch of friends come over from Portugal (they just happen to own Quintas) and it is a heck of a lot of fun. I do an article every year on this event, frequently (in the past) it was for Robin Garr's website where all of my articles used to be published.

Although tomorrow night is an offline with cult 2002 CA Cabs as the theme, there is a '63 Port that will be for dessert. My article will be on a private double horizontal comparative tasting held by Rupert Symington. I just hope that within the next day or three I will be able to breathe, smell and taste again. I hate when this happens!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy , you're a port trouper , if there ever was one :salute:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hopefully this PB&J sandwich for lunch will help. This a.m. I did PB&J on a waffle for Taylor and she loved it.
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

I hope , PB&J , stands for peanut butter and jam or jello . . .

Luc