2008 Quinta do Crasto LBV

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

John M.

2008 Quinta do Crasto LBV

Post by John M. »

10 years old and it remains a dense purple with a deep magenta rim--does not look as if its faded much if at all. Quite a good bouquet of dry dark berries. While it does not look aged, its taste has evolved over the years. That grassy quality often seen in Crasto LBVs has dialed back, coming forth with plums, cassis and a persistent chocolate on the finish. Moderate weight. Easy to taste. The finish is still a bit dry, but otherwise effortless. Moderately complex and certainly has more aging potential. The profile reminded me of a Niepoort LBV. So glad I have more--must save for a few years though. I tasted this over several days, initial decant was 8 hours and it held up very well over the next two days.

91 Points
Any Port in a storm!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2008 Quinta do Crasto LBV

Post by Andy Velebil »

Crasto may not make top flight VP (it’s not their focus), but they sure do make some darn good LBV’s.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mahmoud Ali

Re: 2008 Quinta do Crasto LBV

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

Andy Velebil wrote:Crasto may not make top flight VP (it’s not their focus), but they sure do make some darn good LBV’s.
I rarely come across it but, based on the bottle of 2006 LBV that I was served a number of years ago, I would agree.

Mahmoud.