Lisbon restaurants

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Eric Ifune

Lisbon restaurants

Post by Eric Ifune »

Update on some restaurants in Lisbon including a short interview with José Avillez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAcY2E1cMDc&t=618s
Will W.

Re: Lisbon restaurants

Post by Will W. »

An interesting piece. I note in particular Avillez's assertion that ten to fifteen percent of restaurants have failed already, and his view that another fifteen percent will go under by the end of this year owing to their inability to maintain existing debt loads now that such government subsidies as there were have ceased. A sprinkling of tourists started to (re)appear in Lisbon last week, though the still-onerous-for-the-time-being requirements to enter Portugal (i.e., RT-PCR tests), combined generally with the need for another test to get home, are serving to keep tourist numbers low at a point in the season when the city should already be filled with foreigners.
Eric Menchen

Re: Lisbon restaurants

Post by Eric Menchen »

Those numbers seems to mesh with my observations here in Colorado. I've been to a couple of Avillez's restaurants. Good food at both, mediocre service at one.