2003 Niepoort LBV

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

2003 Niepoort LBV

Post by David Spriggs »

Wow! This is fantastic for an LBV. Very dark color. Lifted dark roasted coffee nose, orange peel, and a touch of earth. The initial palate is HUGE. Really big. A touch of heat. Maybe missing a bit of complexity. But wow, is it expressive! Long, long, long (did I say long) finish. My previous bottle of this was the worst VA infected bottle of Port that I've ever had. But this was perfect! 93 Points
From a half-bottle. This was my last of the 18 half-bottles purchased.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

2003 Niepoort LBV

Post by Andy Velebil »

David Spriggs wrote:Wow! This is fantastic for an LBV. Very dark color. Lifted dark roasted coffee nose, orange peel, and a touch of earth. The initial palate is HUGE. Really big. A touch of heat. Maybe missing a bit of complexity. But wow, is it expressive! Long, long, long (did I say long) finish. My previous bottle of this was the worst VA infected bottle of Port that I've ever had. But this was perfect! 93 Points
From a half-bottle. This was my last of the 18 half-bottles purchased.
Yeah this was a great year for a number of LBV’s, Niepoort included. I’ve got just shy of a case of this I’m leaving for many years down the road. It was so massive as a youngster.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com