Magnum of Gould Campbell 1977 New package

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Magnum of Gould Campbell 1977 New package

Post by Frederick Blais »

I got a pleasant surprise today. The order I did over the Net of this bottle arrived in a very stilish package. A nice wooden box with a metal seal on top of it. The inside is filled with cheap velvet but still nice looking.

I don't know for you, but for me it is definitively a plus value as a like to display those boxes around the house. I know many of you want better prices on bottles and pay less for those eye catching boxes.

Any others like those packaging and would like to see more bottles offered like this. Don't hear me wrong by the way. I'd like to see more of this but only for special bottles, I'm not talking about Cruz Ruby :wink: I think that for an old magnum, it is perfectly suited.

Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Nice looking bottle and case Fred. Enjoy that gem!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Sorry, I've not posted a lot the past couple days, but work has been very busy and will all the holiday festivities.....thank goodness its almost over.

Fred,
A very cool package indeed and in a great format that will hold for many more years to come.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I've not seen that particular presentation box for the bottle but honestly I am not a big fan of regular Vintage Ports being sold that way, at least individually. IF it was a very special bottling to commemorate an event or the Silver Jubilee of some King or Queen, I can understand. But not just a regular (albeit wonderful) bottle of VP. That is just marketing nonsense in my opinion.

I do however really enjoy and don't mind paying extra for the Vesuvio "wooden foot lockers" with the brass hardware. Those are definitely a step above as we've discussed in other threads here. I also like when Rocha and others have come up with a very special or unique bottle that it is then sold with a special box, otherwise to me it is an extra cost that I can gladly do without. Just my :twocents:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David C.
Location: Marlboro, New Jersey, United States of America - USA

Post by David C. »

What I like are the packages that include glasses with the Port as they are usually priced the same as the bottle alone. This was the case for my recent purchase of the 2003 Quinta do Portal VP.
I really don't believe in paying for packaging unless you plan on using it as a gift.

David