Event: 2000 Ferreira, Rozes, Warre's VP Horizontal

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Lucas S

Event: 2000 Ferreira, Rozes, Warre's VP Horizontal

Post by Lucas S »

Tasted partly blind as I knew which one was the Rozes by the color.
Served with full cheese spread, decanted 6 hours.

2000 Ferreira VP
Balanced and with delicious, still-fresh dark berry fruits. Tannins, acid and flavor are simply just right. On the darker flavor side and mellow. It should hold but it's already beautiful. I could drink gallons of this. And probably will. 94

2000 Rozes VP
Far redder and lighter in color than the other two which were the typical dark ruby. Persistently cloudy even after filtering with coffee filter, proper short-term storage, and long decant; it must have gotten shaken up during shipping a few weeks earlier. Had a zesty/pineapple characteristic, light overall and drinks more like a regular ruby. As such, its unlikely to gain much more from aging. Pretty good but not my style, the others liked it more than I did. 90

2000 Warre's VP
Hint of VA? (not sure) in aroma and perhaps palate as well. Fairly hot and spicy, with run-of-the-mill but still fresh fruit style. Most tannic and mouth-puckering of the three as well, it is probably best to wait a few more years. While I loved the 2008 Warre's LBV, this Warre's is just drinkable. Must try another bottle to confirm. 88

I have several more bottles of all three and will update this post later if I taste something very different or with more detailed notes.
All is fair in love and Warre's
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Event: 2000 Ferreira, Rozes, Warre's VP Horizontal

Post by Andy Velebil »

Nice notes.

I had the 2000 Warre's recently and agree with your note. It appears to be in an awkward phase at the moment and isn't showing its best. So have a couple others from this vintage. Generally speaking, I think now is a good time to leave the 2000's alone for a bit until they come out of this phase some are in.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
LOUISSS J

Re: Event: 2000 Ferreira, Rozes, Warre's VP Horizontal

Post by LOUISSS J »

I drank a Warre's 2000 2 years ago. It was a very nice bottle and I was not disappointed. However, I found it more advanced than I thought.