A suggestion for the FTLOP-Shop...

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Peter Reutter

A suggestion for the FTLOP-Shop...

Post by Peter Reutter »

Dear Roy

Last weekend I was sitting at a seminar with the worst coffee (notes of cigarette and sweat) in front of me. Suddenly before my inner eye words formed themselves on the big white coffee mug: "I'd rather drink Madeira...", but of course you could change that to "I'd rather drink Port..." as well :wink:

Peter
*Wine makes poets of us all!* Hamilton in Silas Weir Mitchell's A Madeira Party.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: A suggestion for the FTLOP-Shop...

Post by Roy Hersh »

Peter,

Fortunately you did not finish the mug of coffee. For in the very bottom, in fact, your colleague put out their cigarette in the bottom of your cup, not realizing you would return to drink more of it. The sweaty part sounded even more disturbing though. :help:

Thanks for the suggestion. Selling shirts and hats has gone slowly, so maybe in the future ... a coffee mug might be plausible. The fact that I never drink coffee, may have caused it to slip from my mind. Then again, this is the Seattle area and nobody here drinks much of that stuff anyway. :roll:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Melanie R.

Post by Melanie R. »

I was thinking of suggesting coffee mugs also, along with other items like pens/pencils, bumper stickers, license plate frames, etc. The FTLOP clothing items in the shop are great for the guys, but perhaps some of these other items would cater to the ladies of the group as well? :-)
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.
Peter W. Meek

Post by Peter W. Meek »

Melanie R. wrote:...cater to the ladies...
Pink t-shirts! [foilhat.gif]
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Selling shirts and hats has gone slowly, so maybe in the future ... a coffee mug might be plausible.
Have you ever considered Cafe Press? I don't know how to set up an account with them, but I think that all you have to do is provide them with an appropriately formated logo (or whatever). The whole point is that there's virtually no overhead for the shop owner. So if things sell... great! If they don't... no harm done.
Glenn Elliott
Melanie R.

Post by Melanie R. »

Sure, pink T-shirts would be great. :D But non-apparel items would be awesome too. Keychains, fridge magnets....the list could be endless.
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.