2000 Rozes Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

2000 Rozes Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Gustavo served this blind to us and told us to guess it. It was dark in color, but not up to the level of squid ink and reminded me more of an LBV. The nose and palate were still very primary with lots of plums and dark berries. But the palate had a lot of alcohol that was quite distracting. I guessed it was a 2001 or 2002 LBV. 86-87 points
09/30/07
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
JacobH

Re: 2000 Rozes Vintage Port

Post by JacobH »

Andy Velebil wrote:Gustavo served this blind to us and told us to guess it. It was dark in color, but not up to the level of squid ink and reminded me more of an LBV. The nose and palate were still very primary with lots of plums and dark berries. But the palate had a lot of alcohol that was quite distracting. I guessed it was a 2001 or 2002 LBV. 86-87 points
09/30/07
I understand where you were coming from with your LBV comment on this wine. Indeed, the other odd thing about this VP is that it has virtually no sediment: you could almost believe that they filtered it!